December 19, 2012
C'est Inspiré is simply that - what is inspiring. Where the words end, images continue to speak. Seeing all that is around us, we seek some aspect of something that is life enhancing... something that you would like to be reminded of - to revisit. Something to capture and bring into your world, not leave behind... . That is why I take a camera everywhere; have spent countless hours organizing images in scrapbooks and pouring over them later to revisit the place, the people, the memory.
So, C'est Inspiré may be a single photo - or it may be 50, it may mean one thing to me, another to you - the meaning isn't important. Did it inspire? Did it make you smile? Did it bring back a pleasant memory? One or all of the above will do.
During a brief period of his life, the legendary art historian Bernard Berenson kept diaries where he wrote about how to see - and what he saw. These diaries were published under the title The Passionate Sightseer and edited by Raymund Mortimer.
Anyone, anywhere, anytime can be a passionate sightseer - just look.
...Some More Ideas! : A Holiday Menu For Everyone
...Some More Ideas! : My Best of Ted
- Charles Limb: Your Brain on Improv
- Ben Dunlap: The Life-long Learner
- Ben Cameron: The True Power of the Performing Arts
- Rob Forbes: On Ways of Seeing
- Arianna Huffington: How to Succeed? Get More Sleep
- Ken Robinson: Schools Kill Creativity
- Adora Svitak: What Adults can Learn from Kids
- Luca Turin: The Science of Scent
- Nigel Marsh: How to Make Work-life Balance Work
- Stuart Brown: Play is More than Fun
- Shawn Achor: The Happy Secret to Better Work
- Stefan Sagmeister: The Power of Time Off
- Katherine Fulton: You are the Future of Philanthropy
- Julie Burstein: How to Spark Inner Creativity
- Ernesto Sirolli: Want to Help Someone? Shut up and Listen!
- Gayle Tzemach Lemmon: Women Entrepreneurs, Example not Exception
- Amy Cuddy: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
- Tim Brown: Tales of Creativity and Play
December 18, 2012
...Some More Ideas! : Connect with HB Connect
Download the new HB Connect app from House Beautiful on your iPhone or iPad to unlock exclusive behind the scenes digital content connected to the current issue. Simply launch the app in your smart phone or iPad and, in “Look” mode, hold your device steady 4 to 6 inches above the page. Let your camera focus anywhere on the image, and wait for the chime — your Web browser will open, taking you to videos, slideshows, and more! In the December / January issue of House Beautiful check out Barbara Barry’s extra content tied to the article “Soothing and Ethereal,” and anywhere you see the HB Connect logo. Scan Charlotte’s “Green Architecture” to launch further online reading.
November 30, 2012
...Some More Ideas! : Madoo in the Shade
harlottemoss.com/wp-content/uploads/Madoo23.jpg” alt=”" width=”560″ height=”864″ />
June 7, 2012